Tuesday, December 1, 2009

....Time Is Tickin Away

Once I went on a walk with an old friend of mine, we hadn't spoken in years. We were just walking a long and catching up for all of our lost moments together. After awhile, she turned to me and said something like this:

"Anna, I have never met a girl that is so strong in her faith, you're a really great friend."

At that moment tears welled up in my eyes, I had heard it before from my parents and family, but never from a friend that barely even knew me. And here comes the part that I wish I could change; my lame-face response. I looked down at the ground and said in a shaky voice,
"Aw, shucks."

And I knew I blew it. It was a beautiful moment, and all I had to say was, 'aw, shucks'. Instantly I was angry with myself. What was I supposed to say now? "You are too"?

I knew that would sound too ordinary, so I just kept smiling and walking. This brought attention to me that we don't have very much time here on our temporary home! We can't just sit around regretting the fact that, "oops, I messed up again." We need to TAKE ACTION! We are His messengers!

1 comment:

  1. I think you told me this story before!!!! We were going on a walk and you told me about it!!! What she said is completely true and I tell you all of the time. Believe it girl!!!
    Love ~ Court

    ReplyDelete

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila