Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Belle

Today I babysat my sweet little neighbor, she is the cutest thing! She's polite, VERY SMART, and genuinely happy.

I asked her, as we were coloring, who her favorite princess was, she knew right away, and she said, "Mulan". I asked her why she liked Mulan, and, as if she had prepared a speech, she proudly said, "Because she is strong and brave." she announced, "I think that's where I get all my energy and strength, too, from Mulan."

I was so shocked, it took me a minute or so to believe that that had come out of the mouth of a first-grader. This made me wonder who my favorite princess was. After I ruled out Jasmine, Sleeping Beauty, Ariel, and Snow White, I had Cinderella and Belle left.

I sat there wondering which was my favorite. I finally said, not that my little first-grader was still listening, "I think my favorite is Belle." After I said it, I started to come up with reasons why I liked Belle so much.

After considering all of the things Belle did in the story I decided that I am most like Belle than any other Disney princess. One of the main reasons I chose Belle as my favorite was because she was so accepting of the Beast, sure she was afraid, but she saw past his ugly looks, and into the pain that he held.

Belle is also very brave and stubborn, which slightly reflects my character as well. This is a dumb reason, but I've always thought Belle's dress was the prettiest of all the princess'....hehe:).

It's funny how even a first-grader knows exactly what she likes, and is not afraid to say it!

What princess is your favorite? Which one resembles you the most?

1 comment:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila