Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Quirky Qualities

Like mist everyone else, I have verrryyyy many quirks, and without them, I just wouldn't be who I am, you know?

One of my biggest quirks is my obsession with pickles. Everyone knows I loveee pickles! I love to eat them, in fact, I have these little "pickle packs" that my dad puts in my lunch. My email is: randomnesandpickles@gmail.com, I have a sign in my room that has a picture of pickles and says, "PICKLES ROCK!!!!"

I know, I know, very, very odd. I can't help it, though:). Here comes my big confession.....drum roll, please....uhhh...it's coming.....okay, okay, I talk to EVERYTHING, living or nonliving. There. I said it.

I talk to my computer when it's slow, I talk to my closet, asking it "What should I wear?", I talk to my bed, saying, "Ahhh...you're so comfy!", I talk to my stuffed animals(George the koala,and Caramel and Toffy the beagles)!

I talk to everything, and even if I don't TALK to it, I sing, making up my own song. :)

There's one more BIG quirk, and I am not ashamed, even though I am too old for it, to tell you. I have a blankie that I sleep with every night. And, yes, it is a blankie, not a rag, like some people call it! It is ripped in every which way, it has millions upon millions of holes, and it used to be a pretty pink, but is now a faded, light pink.

I keep telling myself I'll get rid of it, but I am literally attached to it! Blankie has been my best friend since birth, and has seriously(don't laugh)been with me through everything, he(and yes, Blankie is a he)is just to precious to leave me just yet:).

Oh my goodness! I must be insane! I'm letting out all of my weirdest quirks on the Internet where anyone can see! Oh, well, there's a reason for that. The reason I'm comfortable with anyone knowing these things is because I know that ALL of us are weird, and, I mean, at the end of my life is it really gonna matter that I talked to everything and owned a blankie when I was 12?

No, I can assure you, it won't! Because Jesus loves us each for who we REALLY are, and my quirks don't define me, they just add a little sugar and spice to my personality!

WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR QUIRKS? DO YOU STILL SLEEP WITH A TEDDY BEAR? DO YOU TALK TO ALL OF YOUR THINGS BOTH LIVING AND NONLIVING? WHAT MAKES YOU YOU?

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are as quirky as I am!! HA!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quirks! It really makes you you!!! Are you ever gong to write about the ala carte situation??? I would love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Courtney~
    I am probably not going to write about "ala carte", I told my mom about it and she said that you were recommended to put "ala carte" on the envelope....whoops:)! Hehe.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I talk to the dog - a lot, won't I be surprised when he answers back. And when I was traveling for work, I talked to the GPS a lot, especially when I would get lost. I even named her Dharma Garmin :) She said recalculating a lot because even with her help I was always getting lost.

    ReplyDelete

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila