Wednesday, December 23, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!

Ahhh....Christmas! It is a wonderful time, ain't it?

Today was my last day of school, so I JUST got out for Christmas break!! I am so excited!

My friend, Elise, and I promised to exercise over Christmas every day, and we came up with a short exercise plan. Jillian Michael's would be proud. :)

I love Christmas for so many, many reasons. I love it because I can give, give, give to all of my friends that I love so very much. I love it because everyone is happy and not one person is left out or sad.

I love at that part at the end of the day, when all of the friends are departing. Everyone is hugging and saying, "I love you, Merry Christmas!", over and over again. We all just get that bubbly-warm feeling inside, when you are surrounded by love.

Everyone circles around each other, promises to email every day, and says, laughing, "I don't think I can live without you for 10 days!" Then everyone is off, off to their own Christmas celebrations, off to their own, separate lives for a while.

As we all shuffle onto the buses, loaded with gifts and candy, smiles on our faces, we call out, "See you next year!"

I sometimes just think how amazing it is. Amazing that all of these different people, different in so many ways, came together as friends. All of us, coming from different homes, various lives, unique personalities, all came together, and learned to love each other.

Christmas time reminds me that our Lord God brought us all together. He brought us together for many reasons. To teach each other, to learn from each other, to help each other, and to listen to each other.

Christmas time reminds me that Jesus came to our home that He created, became human, and knowing that He would have to die, did it FOR US.

As I look at each one of my beautiful, amazing friends, I think of Jesus, because He is the only reason that I am so priveliged to have them as my friends today!

So, as all the Christmas chaos continues, and presents are wrapped, gifts are given, and music plays, don't forget about Jesus. Jesus, the baby born in a manger, for me, for you, for all of us.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila