Monday, December 7, 2009

These are a few of My Favorite Things

I love so many, many things. Here are a few....

I love waking up to two perfect inches of snow spread across the yard, glimmering and untouched. But I also love waking up on a summer morning, listening to the birds chirp away, the sun just coming up past the trees.

I love walking around the block in the early morning, when no one else is up, and it's as quiet as could be. But I love the exhilaration of a walk in the dark, every where I look, it's peaceful and still.

I love the pleasant noise of the waves crashing on the beach, the seagulls happily singing over head, and the delighted squeals of the little children playing in the sand. And I love the silence of my classroom taking a difficult test, tense with concentration and determination.

I love that bubbling-up feeling I get inside when I am surrounded by people who love me, or when someone says something special to me. I love that utter peaceful feeling at night right before I drift into my dreams.

I love the tickle of my little cousins' whispers in my ear, as they tell me an "important secret". And I love the blast of rhythmn flowing through my body at a concert with a loud band.

I love the twinkle of stars at night, shining brightly so. And I love the mystery of the luminous moon, so far and yet, so close.

I love the feeling of good, hard laugh, where everyone arround me is red with glee, and I am smiling so hard it hurts my cheeks. And I love the feeling of letting out all of my tears, when I'm in distress, then being comforted.

I love taking a long, hot shower after a stressful day, then relaxing in my room or reading a book on the couch. I love the feeling of accomplishment, when I've finished everything I needed to get done, contentment stretching from my head to my toes.

And I love the sound of a baby's sneeze, as the little face scrunches up and quakes. I love the tenderness of a baby's yawn, right before he falls asleep, the tiny mouth opens crookedly and lets out the tiniest sigh.

I love......

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! I love your favorite things. YOU are one of mine! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila