Saturday, December 5, 2009

All Bad Choices all Around

:( I don't know what to say.

There is nothing to say:(.

I got an email this morning from one of my dear, close friends, it was called, "i need help through this."

Hmmmmmm.....I read it. I am not at liberty to say what it was about. But my heart ached for her. I replied the best I could, telling her God is in control.

I received the news the other day that my fourth-grade teacher's mother passed away. I sent another email. What was I supposed to say? I've never gone through anything like that.

Last year my parents informed my brothers and I that our wonderful friends who live in the South were getting a divorce. I balled my eyes out. What am I supposed to say to those people whom I've seen together since I was born, and now are torn apart?

I heard my mom on the phone this morning talking to her mother. She says to her mother, as clear as a bell to my ears, "They're just making all bad choices all around."

What is wrong with the world? Everything you're used to can change in a day. Everyone you've loved can turn their backs to you, yet you're still loving them.

This makes me sick in an inexpressible way. How can these families just fall right apart? How can death overtake life?

My only single answer and hope is that I have my Lord Jesus here in my heart, and I'm never letting go. Though I am surrounded my evil, I pray that I would hold on to light, and though I know trials will test me, I know Jesus, my rock will defeat those who try to tempt me.

All bad choices all around, well this is my choice:
Psalm 62:5-6
Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will not be shaken.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE that verse, Anna!! Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, you've done an amazing job, Anna. That's my very favorite Psalm!

    ReplyDelete

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila