Friday, November 20, 2009

Welcome to My World

....Ahhhh, that must be something in my dream, wait, no, nevermind, that's the alarm. Sam must have set it too early...WHAT??!! It's already time to get up??! Noooo! Oh, please, no! Really? Are you for real? Ugh!

As I reluctantly drag myself out of bed, reaching toward the lamp, I squint my eyes against the bright, sudden light. I uncover the blue light of my stereo and head to the closet. Oh, gee. The Closet. And the big "what to wear?" question hangs over my head.

Quickly deciding I didn't want to wear bright-blue pants on a Monday, and pulling on my most-favoritist pair of jeans and most-comfiest shirt, I turn around to make my bed, making a mental note never to become like my brothers and stay in bed 10 minutes extra after the alarm goes off. After making my bed, I discover two little lumps covered by my sheets and comforter at the end of the bed. Hmmm...I pull up the sheets, scouring the bed for my missing culprates. Aha! Gotcha!

I pull out the two fuzzy little socks, proud to have accomplished one thing today. Ohhhh! I say out loud, poor Ceddy (aka Cedric), I forgot to feed you! (Just to clue you in, Cedric is my goldfish, and is somewhat neglected at times:P) I descend the stairs slowly and with care, while feeling guilty about always forgetting Ceddy.

In the mornings, it seems, I don't usually feel like talking. Some mornings are different, and I can't shut up, but most mornings I silently greet everyone and eat breakfast. Let's skip the whole brush-teeth-do-hair-gather-homework-remember-lunch-routine.

By the time we get to my school, I'm in a brighter mood, and happy to see my friends. Oh, wait, I skipped bus hall, by my definition-torturous time period in which students must sit in agony while bus hall monitors yell at everyone to sit down until we are released to our classrooms.

Anyway, moving on, in library I pick the most random books off of the shelf, because I never read my library books...wahaha! And I take a seat in the "story pit" where Claire and Nicole are drooling over picture books with polar bears and baby seals.
"How many times have you checked that book out?" I ask Nicole.

"I lost my count," she replies in a distant tone while staring at the cute, fuzzy little polar bear, that could probably eat her alive.

In English, I listen while everyone moans at pulling their English textbooks out, and I silently give three "Hip, hip, hooray!"s. In Reading, hardly being able to stand listening to my classmate struggle on the pronounciation of every other word. In Math, restraining myself from glancing at the clock every three seconds. And lunch, Huzzah!

95% of the time, lunch is fun and relaxing, maybe even thrilling sometimes. But when they break out the drama....urrrgg. If anyone knows me at all, they'd definetly know that drama is my LEAST FAVORITE THING ON THE ENTIRE EARTH!! For me, I'd rather sit through an hour of nails screeching down a chalk board, than sit through 5 minutes of drama.

I'd rather eat plain oatmeal for a month than be involved in one tiny bit of drama. And for me, drama is like an OCD person in a slob's house, a person with claustrophobia in a giant crowd! I can't stand it! O.K., now that that's out of the way....

When it comes to the expression: lunch + drama, the sum is anything but pretty. And when that happens, I find myself in the women's bathroom down the hall, locking myself in the stall, praying I would make it. When finally I know I should get back to lunch or else my peers would think I fell in the toilet, I sit down at my lunch table, plug my ears, close my eyes, and wish I were somewhere else.

Skipping over the boringness and Science and Social Studies, flute lessons, and tutoring my stubborn students....home at last! Kinda reminds me of "Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty, I'm free at last!" Piano. Hangin out. Running. Bible Study. Dinnner....

Dinner is a very interesting process at my house. First, we all get our food, right? I mean, who doesn't eat food at dinner? Note that my brothers eat a....hmmm...I'll be nice, large amount of whatever my mom cooks. Conversations could vary at my house from my mom and dad talking about the car having to go in tomorrow, or some mathematical-scientifical discussion in which I have no idea what anybody's talking about. (That's what happens when you have a family full of geniuses.)

The rest of the day is not much to talk about...unless you want to be bored to death. I'm sure there are many things I've left out like the fact that I talk to my computer when it's slow and my brother incessantly telling me, "don't worry about it." But this is my world, welcome!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I know that world!! :) Love you - Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate!!! Your school world is mine too! I like to hear what you think of the school day while I live it too!!!!!
    Love, Court

    ReplyDelete

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila