Saturday, November 14, 2009

More About Me

Well, I guess I should tell you all a little more about myself. Where to start? I was born! Believe it or not! I was born in Georgia, where we lived for a couple years, until we moved up here, "the great white north" of Pennsylvania. I absolutely love my small town in which I've grown up and although I want to go away one day, will miss it terribly. I play soccer, probably the least-popular sport in America, but I sure do love it! I play defense..and I think I love it so much because...well, actually I hate offense because I feel too..hmmm...free almost, but on defense I feel like I have one sole purpose, and that makes me feel secure. I love music, and I would say that I am a very musical person. I am not the best singer, but I LOVE to sing! I usually go to the nursing home with some friends from my church to sing every once and a while. I also play piano, I think this is my fourth or fifth year playing, and I started to play flute last year and am enjoying it immensely! I think I am a very interesting person, I am not one to seek attention, but I don't mind speaking in public (let me know if you get confused), but I hate entering writing contests because I don't like my writing to be "publicized" yet I won a writing contest a couple weeks ago, and now I am doing a blog. Weird, eh? I also have two older brothers and no younger siblings. I love my brothers for many reasons, one being that they are great role models! Also, I think they have made me a stronger person. Instead of playing house or barbie dolls, we would play FBI, instead of a "pillow fight" we would have a "pillow war". I truly believe that God gives us exactly what we need and exactly what we can handle, and I think He knew that what I needed and could handle(hehe) were two wonderful brothers. When I look back on all of the times I had wished that I had a little sister, I see now that I am perfectly fine with my two brothers.
My parents are both great role models also, and I can see by everything that they do how much they love the Lord and how much they want to serve Him.
I also have a beagle, named Snickers, the sweetest dog on Earth...:). And a goldfish named Cedric!
Of course, like everyone else, I have many goals and dreams for my life. I hope to go to Grove City College, and to become either a writer, psychologist, or a special education teacher. I hope to become a wife and a mother as wonderful as mine. I want to travel and discover more about who I am. I want to own at LEAST two dogs and no cats....I'm not much of a cat person. Most importantly I want to "make disciples of all nations" and continue to let God surprise me each day.
When it comes to the saying "diamonds are a girl's best friend" I oppose completely. For me, CHOCOLATE is my best friend!!! I don't care how many diamonds you buy me, if you get me chocolate....haha, I love ya! (got that boys?)
I'm not much of a material girl, I'd rather spend all day in my pine tree writing than going shopping, but I don't mind shopping every once in a while...it's a girl's natural instinct, right?:)
A perfect friend for me is someone who gets me completely, who I am 100% comfortable with and who makes me the best person I can be. It's someone who we never run out of things to talk about, but when we are quiet, it's not awkward. She or he is always faithful and always kind, but not perfect, someone who loves me for who I am inside the most, but makes me feel beautiful.
I am not a perfect girl. I am not always nice. I am not always fun to be around. I am not the best friend that ever lived. I am perfectly imperfect. I do not always respect myself. I do not always respect others. But I've got something inside of me that's more powerful than anything else. Something that made the heavens and the stars, and someone that died on the cross to save us all from our sinful nature. And even though I am not perfect, I know that God loves me, and even though people may desert me, and life might not go my way, God's love for me will never change.

If you have any more questions to ask me, feel free!

3 comments:

  1. Wow Anna, I just learned many things about you that I have not known before. You are such a wonderful young lady and the best friend ever in my eyes!! :) You are so loyal and trustworthy as well as beautiful and talented in so many ways. You build me up and you are with me when I need it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you again, Courtney!
    You are an amazing friend, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA!! I love how you played FBI instead of Barbies or House! oh Anna, I love you! ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila