Saturday, November 28, 2009

Being a Women

When I was a little girl, like maybe 5 or 6 years old, I made a list of three things I never wanted to have to do when I was a women. (Keep in mind that this is before I "knew anything"). Here's my silly list:

1. I never want to wax my lip.

It seemed so scary and painful then, but now I look at it like ripping a band aid off.

2. I want to have kids, but I don't want to feel any pain.

Oh, gee! Having kids and no pain....hmmm, right! :)

3. I never want to have to share a bed with anyone!!!

I have nothing to say about this.....:).

As you can see, like most little, naive kids, I expected that I would always feel the same way about all of this. As I got more and more exposed to the world and saw how things were, my list changed from all of the "I never want to"s to the "I'm gonna have to"s.

I feel like we're like this in many areas of our lives, always telling ourselves what we never want to do. I think sometimes we need to take a step out of our comfort zone and surprise ourselves!

3 comments:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila