Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Story Behind the Name

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.
Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the
Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:9

I know the name of my blog might sound depressing, but there is a story behind it. First, and foremost, I did try to write a book called, "A No One's World" but that didn't quite work out for me. Nevertheless; here's a little clip from the book:
I've always thought I'm a no one....
I've always asked myself: Why did God even bother to create me? I've always thought maybe I need to be someone, but if God made me no one??.... I've always believed that Jesus died for me and saved me from my sins, but who would do that for me? I know I'll never comprehend His love, but I wish I could know just one thing. Just one. Who am I? I've come down to a conclusion. Science may tell me I'm a Homo Sapian, and evolution can tell me I'm an ape. Faith can tell me I'm a sinner, and faith can tell me about love, and love will tell me about Jesus. And Jesus told me about life. And now I can live it for Him.

Even though the book didn't work out, I am very excited to start this blog. So, obviously, my blog was named for the identity that God has given us. I don't know yet exactly what God's plans for my life are, but I am fully prepared to accept whatever they are. Sometimes I feel like I am living in a no one's world, that people don't understand me, and that I am alone. But when I take a minute to step back and look at my life as a whole, I see that God made me someone. And that someone deserves more than what she's been treating herself to be. So, join me if you will on my journey through A No One's World...:)!
Buckle up!

5 comments:

  1. hey!! i love the no one's world story!! It's great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Great start to your blog...you definitely have a gift for the written word (wonder where you got THAT from?). I always appreciate when people dialogue with me about what I post on my blog, so here goes...

    A few years ago, T's dad and I sat down and wrote out some goals for what we termed "The Second Half" of our lives. Part of being able to define goals for the second half required some reflection on the first 40+ years! As I thought about my teen & young adult years, I realized that no one had spent much time with me talking/teaching about having a personal identity in Christ. I heard lots of sermons about being a "Christian", but not a lot about how to be "ME" as one of God's children. So, one goal for my second half was to spend a lot of time with T, just talking about who she is, the special person God has made her, helping her define some goals for HER first half, reading books, listening to music, identifying spiritual gifts, etc. We've had some great times already and I look forward to many more. I wish I had been able to read books like 'Uniquely Me" & "Everybody Tells Me To Be Myself...But I Don't Know Who I Am" by Nancy Rue. One of my favorite songs is 'His Eye Is On the Sparrow' and my life verse is Jeremiah 29:11. Good stuff! You might also like Edgar Guest's poem, "The Things That Haven't Been Done Before".

    I know God has great plans and purposes for your life...enjoy the process of figuring it all out! I specifically chose the photo of the little bird in my profile pic just for you! Every spring, I get a special reminder of just how much God loves His creation. About 50 of these bird will arrive on sunny days and take their baths in the water on our pool cover. I like to sit on our back porch with my telefoto lens and capture their antics. I always remind T that if God can provide for the needs of the sparrow, He most certainly will provide for her. As mini-women, you girls have a lot of 'life' waiting ahead and it can sometimes be confusing, daunting, frustrating & worrisome when you embark on the adventure of becoming an adult. Keep the faith and remember the sparrows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the encouragement!
    It means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post brought tears to my eyes, Anna. You are wise beyond your years, girl. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a gift with words.

    ReplyDelete

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila