Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Way We Live

'Tis Wednesday already, isn't it? Time for contemplation and worship.

I don't know about you, but I often question the way I live. 1 Corinthians 10:31 says, "So whether you eat or drink or what ever you do, do it all for the glory of God." I wonder, do I do EVERYTHING for the glory of God?

Am I neglecting my time with God, and trading it for worldly activities that don't really matter? The gospel of Luke tells us that we should, "love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind."

I have had people tell me, and I'm not trying to be boastful, that I am special and unique and that there aren't many girls my age like myself. I have considered this multiple times. And I still don't get it. Why am I, of all the people out there, "special"?

No one can see what is going on underneath me. Truth is, I am such a mess without Jesus. Like in one of my poems untitled, "Rain", I wrote, "You may not see it, 'cause it's under my skin, but I'm a mess within.

You see, the bible tells us that Jesus is the only way to heaven. In John 14:6, the gospel states, "Jesus is the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE."

Hmmmm....let's just ponder that for a second. Jesus is the WAY to heaven, Jesus is the TRUTH, though this fallen world is full of lies and hatred, and Jesus is the LIFE. Jesus is the life that He gave us by dying on the cross, spilling His OWN blood to save us. To save YOU.

So this makes me ponder even deeper about the way that I live. And when I think hard about it, I can come up with three words to describe how I live: lazily, selfishly, and wishing for something to change.

Uh-huh. Yep. That sums it up for the way that I live. What does the bible say about this? Well, let's check: Hebrews 11:6 tells us that, "...without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him."

Another verse in 2 Peter says that, "...since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with Him."

It is so easy to be lazy here in our world of high-speed Internet, On Demand cable, and cell-phones that supposedly "do everything". With one click, touch, or tap, the "world" is at our fingertips.

It's so hard for us sometimes to "do the hard things". Selfishness is one of my problems too. Let's see what the bible has to say about this: Matthew 22:39 basically says it like it is, "though shalt love your neighbor as yourself."

No laziness. No selfishness. No wishing my life away.

It may be hard and grueling work to live as a Christian, but I'm here to tell you that God has a plan! And it will all work out.

Well, here I am, just a Christian girl in a fallen world:).

P.S. It's OK to be different!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Thank you, Anna, for reminding us of so many important truths from God's Word. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila