Friday, January 29, 2010

Standing Out

My hand shook as I reached into my backpack to pull out a piece of paper.
I ripped it from the notebook and asked my friend next to me for a pencil.
I trembled all over now.
They were all watching me.
What was I going to do?
Was I going to back down like I had done so many times before?
The bus rolled along as it neared my house,
I trembled more, and I prayed for strength.
Jesus, what am I to do?
With a shaking hand I wrote my message on the piece of paper.
I knew my friend was watching me, what would she think?
The bus stopped at my house, as I got up, my legs shaking,
I handed the folded note to the girl across from me.
I got up.
I exited the bus.
As I walked up my driveway, I praised Jesus, because through Him I did it!
I did it it and I didn't back down.
I stood out.

2 comments:

  1. You are such a brave, great girl! I'm so proud of you. I hope you know that I pray for you to stand out every day.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, mommy:).
    Of course I know you pray for me, I pray for you also.
    I love you lots.
    A

    ReplyDelete

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila