Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Are You For Real?

So tonight I am home alone. It's so weird, the silence of this house when nobody is around. After I finished up my homework, put my backpack away and such, I decided to take a shower.

I checked on the dog, who causes lots of trouble at times, but is the sweetest thing EVER! I checked to make sure he was asleep. I thought to myself, 'I guess I trust him well enough.' And I bounded up the stairs to the hot shower.

Ahh...so warm and refreshing, the shower was. I sat there enjoying the relaxing water pour over me, while singing at the top of my lungs. (I give you my permission to laugh.)

I barely heard it at first, it was faint and coming from downstairs. It was a dog. A howling, barking dog. A beagle in fact. It was Snickers.

Ugh! I moaned as I regretted leaving him on the couch. I smothered a glob of conditioner in my drenched hair, and hobbled out of the shower, grabbing my towel. I dried myself of as well as I could, and descended the wooden stairs to the living room below. I was wrapped in my towel, and my wet hair was dripping all around.

And much to my surprise, there was Snickers, sitting on the couch, just as I'd left him, except with his head perked up and his mouth crinkled from barking. There was nothing outside, no dogs, no people, no burgalers.

In fact, Snickers hadn't done anything, he hadn't chewed up a shoe, or scratched the couch, or ripped a pillow. I had left my hot shower for nothing. Not one single thing.

Gee. You see the drama that goes on when you're home alone?

1 comment:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila