Monday, April 12, 2010

Learning to Play the Game of Life

Last night as I lay awake in bed, I started to compare playing soccer to "playing" life.
Seriously, there are a lot of similarities. When I play a soccer game, there are lots of things that I try to remember...I would list them, but what's the point? When I'm on the field in a game, sometimes I get all caught up in trying to remember all the little details, where to pass the ball, who to pass it to, where I should stand, etc.

And when I get all caught up, I forget to play soccer. This really does happen. My brain is going so fast that I don't have time to even think...in fact, it's as if I ate too much McDonald's and my artery gets clogged, so I can't eat McDonald's any more(sorry, McDonald's, but it's a true fact).

This is just like life. When we live our lives, we try to remember how to treat people, do the right thing, make perfect decisions, and always try our hardest. Just like playing soccer, we tend to get caught up in trying to remember things. What we need to do is just step back, and remember that all we need to do is honor our God.

We are not perfect. We won't always make the right decisions or do the right thing, but at the end of the day, God still loves us. All He wants us to do is play the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila