Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What I Need to Know

Ah! I haven't been on my blog in what feels like AGES:(.
So sorry! Life just got away from me. Oh, gee, speaking of just that, the other day I just thought to myself, where has my life gone?

I'm stinking gonna be in middle school next year! I honestly cannot believe time goes this fast. Before I can even stop to protest, my life will be zooming down teh road to college, then marriage, and motherhood. Sometimes I have to take a moment to just look at myself, at my life, and remind myself that this is MY life, this is REAL.

One of my biggest questions is: What splits the boudary between what I NEED to know, what I WANT to know, and what I truly understand?

WHAT I NEED TO KNOW:
I need to know how to go to sleep without my blankie. I need to know how to run the house when mom is gone. I need to know how to stand up for myself and say no. I need to know how to handle criticism and bullying. I need to know how to fend for myself. How to operate a credit card, what's the difference between credit and debit?

I need to know how to drive a car, how to make decisions, how to save money. I need to know how to work hard and never give up. I need to know how to give my best, but never everything I live for. I need to know how to say, "Sorry, I called the wrong number." instead of just hanging up.

I need to know how to make enough time, know when to leave, and when to arrive. How to use passwords, how to work a key, how to say sorry when I really don't want to. I need to know how to speak, to a person who just lost someone very close, and how to handle the pain, when I loose the person I love the most.

What do I need to know?

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing inside your mind. You have great questions. You're a searcher! I can relate -- it's such a gift; sometimes you can feel like a tortured soul though. I could go insane thinking about how I would handle life if one of my kids died or if Lance died -- one thing God has shown me -- He doesn't usually give us what we need to handle something ahead of time -- and I think some of your other posts following this one show that you are coming to the same conclusions -- He meets you in it -- He carries you through. He gives you exactly what You need when You need it. And He never leaves you. I often wish I could have it ahead of time...but I trust that He's big enough to carry me when I need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another quick thought -- Him carrying you doesn't mean it is less painful necessarily or that you will be smiling all the time. It is not a promise that it will be easier. I think that's what I wish.

    ReplyDelete

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila